The Record Exchange is a family owned and operated business which has been in existence since the early 1970’s. It started life in the back of a revolutionary book store in Cleveland Ohio, and grew to a household name in that area.
Samuel Lock joined the company in 1993 after emigrating from the UK. He moved his family to open stores in the DC area in 1997. Sam took ownership of the DC region in 2006. To ride the economic times and in reaction to the shift of musical media from CD’s to digital, the company consolidated to two brick and mortar stores and a thriving on-line sales business.
The Record Exchange is known within the community for its customer service and fair trading policies. We strive to reduce, reuse and recycle by encouraging customers to trade in all their unwanted music, movies and video games. This policy puts The Record Exchange at the forefront of the global environmentally friendly market.
WHAT WE BUY:
- Vinyl Records (inc LPs, 45’s and 12"s)
- Video Games (on any format from Atari thru the most current system)
- VHS tapes
- Video Game systems (Must have all the cables and a name brand controller)
- iPods/MP3 players (must have a USB cable and music on them to trade in)
- DVD players
- CD players
- Cassette players
- Stereo speakers
- Electronics (any related to Music/Movies/Video Games…no cell phones, cameras or computers)
- Memorabilia (Music/Movie/Game related t-shirts, posters, toys, etc)
We will make an offer on anything and EVERYTHING you bring in to us as long as it is in a reusable condition. We will buy scratched CDs, DVDs and Video Games as long as they are in their cases and with all the original covers/artwork.
We will buy as much as you can carry in.
You can always bring in a few things and see if you think what we offer is fair…..then you can bring in the rest.
***YOU MUST BE OVER 18 WITH A VALID STATE ID TO TRADE***